Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

linking offshore account to APP

Solved
8 REPLIES 8
Len999
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Voeltjie,

Thank you for the suggestion I will forward it to the relevant department. 

Please visit www.intenational.standardbank.com for more information.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Voeltjie
New Contributor

I have spoken to the Isle of Man, and as the app is already registered with the South African account details, it is impossible to "re-register" the app with the offshore account details or to link the offshore account to the current registration.

Perhaps this is an improvement that can be incorporated into the next update to the application.  What is the point of banking with a single bank when you are unable to link all your products (wherever they are housed or located) to a single application.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Voeltjie,

That sounds correct. There is an international contact number at the bottom of the page, can you please call that number for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Voeltjie
New Contributor

Morning,

Thank you for the response.  This is the process that I am following:

Step 1:  Open and Login to the app

Step 2:  Select the gear / settings icon on the left

Step 3:  Select Manage dashboards on the left, and then add dashboard on the right

Step 4:  I skip the step where it requests that I add a card number , atm pin , ID number and cellphone - I do not have a card or pin number for the offshore account.

Step 5:  I then rename the dashboard, and then select Next

Step 6:  On the link your products page/option, there are only 3 options that I can choose from:

• Insurance policies
  • Online Share Trading Account
  • UCount Rewards

Step 7:  I then cancel this process, and delete the empty dashboard.

I have currently got 3 active dashboards:  My South African Accounts dashboard, my Online Share Trading Dashboard, and my UCount dashboard.

Unless I am completely missing the appropriate options as described, I am unable to link the offshore account/s to my current online banking app profile.

Thanks

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Voeltjie, 

If you have tried the steps above, can you please tell exactly where you are experiencing issues so that I am better able to assist?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Voeltjie
New Contributor

Hi Standard Bank,

Please would you supply further instructions on this issue, as I am also trying to link an offshore account to the app.  I have been told by a help desk consultant in the Isle of Man that I should follow the process as you explained, however when I contacted the South African help desk, they said that they weren't able to link offshore accounts to the profile.

Please elaborate as to whether or not this functionality is still a work in process or please detail exactly what needs to be done and by whom.

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Gaf

You will be prompted to “Add accounts” in an empty dashboard. From there you need select 'Offshore Account', to link your account.

Gaf

HI how do you link the offshore account to the standard bank app?

it says it will be available in October onwards - but cannot link

please advise

Go to the solution >