Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

"The beneficiary reference you have submitted is invalid."

4 REPLIES 4
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, herman45.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To resolve this, you need to reach out to WesBank and request that they provide you with the correct reference number you need to use.

These funds will be allocated to your WesBank account.

Please let us know if you managed to make a payment to your WesBank account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team
Herman45

Have exactly the same issue and the refrence number is the one on the Wesbank settlement letter

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Nick49.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To resolve this, you need to reach out to WesBank and request that they provide you with the correct reference number you need to use.

These funds will be allocated to your WesBank account.

Please let us know if you managed to make a payment to your WesBank account.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Nick49

I have the exact same issue. I'm trying to settle my vehicle financed with Wesbank and entered all the details as per the settlement letter but it keeps spitting out "The beneficiary reference you have submittedis invalid". Why??? Very frustrating! How does standard bank know it's not correct?...they can't!

@Nick4879 wrote:

I received the following error message when trying to add a new Wesbank beneficiary:

According to the Wesbank settlement letter, I should specify my account number as the Beneficiary Reference.

Because of the error message, I cannot add a beneficiary or make a once-off payment with this reference.

Is there another way to pay this beneficiary?  Where is the reference validated?

Nick4879
New Contributor

I received the following error message when trying to add a new Wesbank beneficiary:

According to the Wesbank settlement letter, I should specify my account number as the Beneficiary Reference.

Because of the error message, I cannot add a beneficiary or make a once-off payment with this reference.

Is there another way to pay this beneficiary?  Where is the reference validated?