Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

unauthorized transactions

2 REPLIES 2
Karlos1
New Contributor

@MandyP

thank you for your automated response

firstly i cant conatct these merchants as I did not give them permission to debt my account, hence its an unauthorised transction and I dont know who they are.

Secondly, Standard bank is very much aware of these illegal transactions and keep quite and not advise their client, however, its only when us the client pick up these fraudelent transctions thats only when they get reversed.STANDARD BAN JUST DOESNT CARE

I want to know how do I go about reserving fees that were charged based on these fraudulent transactions, why am I being penalised for your outdated system that  allows just anyone to hack your clients accounts.

I have been to my nearest branch and was advised something else, and if you cant fix this, please let me how do i go about cancelling my account.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Karlos1,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Karlos1
New Contributor

Hi There,

Pleas assist, I went to the sunward branch in Boksburg’s and also called the + 27 10 249 0423. I was told by both parties that they cannot assist me regarding unauthorized debit orders(R99).

As I client of standard bank I am disappointed that I cannot be helped by my bank, and that anyone can go into my account and withdraw fundsand i am not proceted by the bank.

also hate the fact that i am also charged rejection fees if there is no funds my account when those unauthorised trasecntions go off.

I would like to log a compliant with the bank, please assist provide me with details I can use.

Thank you