Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shares chat

Solved
Chopchop
Contributor

Where do we go to access the orignal chat that used to be on Online share trading where people could chat about shares? I've been on here for 15 min and can't find it?

Go to the solution >
24 REPLIES 24
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
click on browse top right
hayleyk
Solution
Occasional Contributor
sasa
Regular Contributor

Eish...OST WHY change the format..??

@hayleyk wrote:

https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Talk/ct-p/Talk_OST_SBG will take you straight to the chat section (Talk)

Russ
Super Contributor
Just want to let you know that Russ (aka super contributor!) is still here.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Chopchop, I am not sure which chat you are referring to. Do you need assistance with Online Share Trading?

PH
Occasional Contributor
For some reason I could not enter "Prancing Horse" so I suppose will have to be happy with PH, although change of name hasn't changed my views
partridge1
Regular Contributor

"Whats the good of a mind if you can't change it?"

PH
Occasional Contributor

From good to bad?

Preston
Super Contributor

RussSmiley Happy

@Russ wrote:
Just want to let you know that Russ (aka super contributor!) is still here.

PH
Occasional Contributor

Going to get some time to get used to this format.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

The old one though more limited - this is a journey of a 1000 miles to get to where you want to bw ( or at least to where you think you want to bw?)

Rovert
Super Contributor

Is it just me or does anybody else find this new "chat" community forum awful?

I like the learn section but the chat itself is not very user friendly. I prefer to see chats in once screen, not going back and forth into topics. You tend to miss stuff... IMO

StuS
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you mean that you do not like the divisions under the Talk section such as 'beginners corner', etc? Or do you mean that you are not happy with the way the thread and replies look?

We are happy to take any feedback on and use in later re-designs of the user interface if we think it valuable.

PH
Occasional Contributor

Extremely user unfriendly. firstly it wouldn't let me register under "Prancing Horse" as I have for years, so in all likely hood unable to access my previous posts,and the screen in this format you only few a couple of posts on a particular topic. It would appear you could end up with pages and pages if something interesting came up. Big thumbs down from me.

StuS
Contributor

Firstly, we may be able to help with the name issue. Please give me some time on this.

To see that I am understanding you correctly, when looking at a topic only a few posts are displayed before you have to page through to see more posts on the topic - is this what you mean? If so this is fairly standard forum behaviour.

However, we can certainly look at making changes to allow more posts to show in the future.  

PH
Occasional Contributor

In my previous post

'few' meant to be "view".  Yes to what you said, only need to go up to two single line posts above and you will see the whole screen is taken up. On all the other forums I post, certainly each post is a lot more compact than this is at present.

StuS
Contributor

I understand what you are saying.

I have sent you an email about associating your post history under prancing horse and chnaging your name. Please let me know.

sasa
Regular Contributor

For those who are not active bloggers or forumites, this format is extremely difficult to use. As mentioned, it is difficult to see all entries on a topic on one screen. I entered the community page earlier, and couldn't find the OST portion, so log out and log onto OST to re-enter it.

Why change the old format if it was not broken...?

Rovert
Super Contributor
Yes that is exactly my feeling.... one reply takes up the whole screen and you need to scroll down and try follow chats. That's not talking.

Perhaps you need a list view or something but this doesn't work as you can see from others