Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

10 Reasons why You Aren't Rich

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
10 Reasons why You Aren't Rich .. http://ow.ly/3lGBY
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
now there's a lame excuse if ever I heard one ..
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Very interesting read :)
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Define rich! My gardener thinks I'm rich, I think my mate, Gino Stefanutti is rich, he thinks Johan Rupert is rich, and so on we go.Also today define a millionaire...not the same of a millionaire of 50 years ago.Health, happiness top the list wealth a little lower down the list.Ok, so I've thrown the stone in the bush, let's see what comes out.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Maybe being financially rich is the ablity to live at and above the means you currently live without having to work for it.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Where did the "HELP NEEDED" thread go ... that guy needs this link!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
IS IT NOT THAT YOUR COMPETITORS ARE CLEVERER, THE TAX MAN IS YOUR SILENT PARTNER AND INFLATION IS YOUR BEDFELLOW?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you healthy, then you are Rich..that blob behind the desk isnt!
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
My dad always said you're only a millionare if you have a Million Pounds! Yes, whether you are "rich" then that is another question, but at least you are probably entitled to become phylosophical about it. (a man with one watch knows the time - a man with two watches is never quite sure!! )
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Whay am i not rich? Well because i have a wife who is a stay at home mom and when she gets bored which is daily she spends my money question answered however any suggestions as to my situation would be appreciated
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well there is of that and then there is the pesky issue of simple getting paid on time... cash flow delays from big corperate to small vendors has got to be a huge drag on the economy as a whole and certainly effects my own finances.. if I was Finance Minister I would legislate that invoices below x must be settled within 7 days without deductions.. I would also legislate no bank charges..I would also legisalate againest personal income tax and and increase in VAt but perhaps thats why I am not the FM
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I would also legisilate that a trader be defined by withdrawls from the market not activity on the market( the entire point of a market is its clear price discovery and its liquidity) and I if I could not do away with personal tax I would create a tax free, location based exepmtion for the supper rich.. best way to grow an economy is wealth and education and with the supper rich you get both in your market.. enough ranting after all who the F am I.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Robert Kiyosaki states you are rich if you do not have to work to pay your bills. It gets paid by passive income without you raising a finger. I actually identified the best job in this line. The guy that sells pension schemes to big corporates! One sale, commission for life and your commission grows yearly as memebers contributions to the pension fund increases. Now what more do you want?
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Sell books teaching average people how to be rich - like Robert Kyosaki does.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pounds ?? you mean sterling ?? nah boet you want a real currency ..
0 Kudos
seq3732997
New Contributor
Great stuff. Very true. Another good read is book The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy (1996, ISBN 0-671-01520-6) is by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
No answers...but the same questions! Plus 2 teenage sons that have started driving cars now as well. Please share answers with me...
0 Kudos