Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
@ CASH this is a great co on attractive PE and momentum is up, but where is the new growth coming from next year? and 2015? Massive capex due in USA and first income only +- 3yrs. Nice divi on Fri, but where to after that? I hold SOL, but am nervous.
0 Kudos
63 REPLIES 63
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
arrgh!! this was supposed to be a reply
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
to ponder Previously the past was the future. It will be again. You longing to look back into the future? LOL. Expect the unexpected. Like a US shutdown before SA and ZIM close the shop? I just love current times because the past future is not as uncertain as the future past. SOL will be ok. Just be present.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You know it is a crazy world - when Naspers has less than a quarter of SOL's turnover, pays almost no dividend, and has a bigger market cap than SOL. I have recently taken a position on SOL - at 48000.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Growth....that's where the money is
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Guys, i know someone that has a large purchase order for SOL at R320, This guy resides at some far away village.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Don't forget you can get BIL at 220.....remember take it or leave ...price!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Naspers needs growth of 30% YOY and a sustained PE in excess of 30 just to justify the current price. Imagine what will happen if they report a dissapointment - like missing an earnings estimate or something. A PE of 50 is just crazy - in anyone's language.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
What did you pay for the earnings? If like many you paid a lot less than the current price you should not be " bovered"? But Naspers ? - I am "bovered" for the reasons indicated. Pay reasonable prices for earnings is the key to being "fortunae filius"
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
forecast for NPN in 2016 is PE of 20 and earnings of 4474 and NPN PE is ok now if you want to buy a growth stock(high PE, low DY)...anyway, why compare to SOL, two different sectors?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that PE and eps gives you R900 odd share price
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
exactly, so skaaps fretting for nothing, its all priced in?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
because the NPN share price is R930 now, so you are prepared to invest in a growth stock, with a PE of 50, on the basis that its forward earnings and PE will nett you a loss of R30 a share?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No skaap, That based on price of 930....with earnings of 4474 And current PE of 50, share price will be about R2237....so buy now at 900, at current PE and if you believe the earnings forecast then price will be more than R2000.....
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Simon, pls provide Mr Ram, which a video on how to calculate PE Ratio. Rams, is shooting from the hips again.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Common sense guys, earnings more than double, expect share price to more than double....grade one stuff. By the way , learning point , if earnings go up, and price down, buy truckloads.....Simon, maybe a video on growth stocks for Preston's wife? Oh , I have PhD on the PE
0 Kudos
Not applicable
will be interesting to see if his ego allows him to admit his mistake - or if he will continue to apply some sort of twisted logic. My money is on the latter -:)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Might come as a shock to you guys, but SBK issued a sell to a price of R390 reseach report for SOL yesterday. Check it out.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
First indication of a missed earnings expectation from Tencent, and Naspers will nose dive. The current growth on Tencent cannot be maintained indefinitely, so buy at own risk. I get flashbacks of the .com boom when I see shares like Naspers.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
A Naspers share is nothing more that a Tencent share. Your buying 100% into the Tencent story and pretty much nothing else.
0 Kudos