Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

1Time should fly

Not applicable
The low cost carrier model is a profitable business in Europe.Just look at Ryan Air! The 1time experience is the best of our local low cost carriers. An exciting prospect is their flying 2 x per week to Zanzibar direct from next year. I am holding these shares as I think in time they will fly
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
two concerns, oil price and lots of competition (mango & kulula in the budget) while we also have BA, nationwide & SAA.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Simon, what about the safety concern? I was on that Mango flight last week that had to go back to Durban from Jhb. I am hesitant to fly any airline right now until there has been a proper safety audit done. Perhaps something along the lines of what the mines have to do. If more ppl out there are like me and are hesitant to fly pm any airline, then it is not just 1TM but all the other airlines that have problems.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Samir, nah tis teh ferry effect (the media sees one disaster and starts reporting every one). After the nationwide everything is being reported and fear/panic is running wild. I fly about 100 times a year, planes turn back all the time (or are delayed for mechanical reasons). What matters is the landing, is it controlled or a crash. For +20 years all commercial have been controlled landing. That said I like SAA as they do not have to make a profit, so they don't have cut corners!!!
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
naw, you don't have to worry - SA pilots are apparently well trained to fly with just one engine in case a bird happens to fly into the other which causes the engine to fall off the wing.....because of metal fatigue? problem is what happens when 2 birds hit the plane simultaneously? a gentle glide or caboom?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the odds of 2 birds hit the plane simultaneously and both engines shearing must be about the same as a goblin gobbling you up while waiting to board?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi - I agree - It looks crazy but they are the best of the low cost carriers - seats and leg-room better - better ontime stats and once again if RyanAir can be most profitable airlie in Europe this company will come good - So I am going to hang in there
0 Kudos