Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2 Heads better than 1

pete_GG
Occasional Contributor
I trade for a living, and im looking for people to "join a network" of traders, were we can share share ideas and opportunity's. **Let's unite and profit together**Share the loove**. NO serios let me know.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
john_1
Super Contributor
Pete How long have you been feeding your self from your trading.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
what instruments are you trading with?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Not a bad idea Pietta, first awnser these two easy questions : how much for a kilo beef fillet / how much for a kilo pet's mince ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thank god my pets and i are vegetarians....
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I would shxt myself if I had to trade for a living.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jaj- why would u do that ? Do think its not possible to trade for a living?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why, all a good trader needs is a world wide people network base and you will be making good money and trade abroad as well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hennie. Personally, I think more people just make u more confused. Ive found that I need to follow my own thoughts and sometimes go against the general feeling if thats what my gut tells me. Often got trapped in what people are saying and change my mind. The nice thing is if u do that, youve only got yourself to blame. Thats the way I operate now and it works, believe me. And, to get back to the point: Yes, I believe with the right strategy, discipline and a bit of luck, u can live off trading.
0 Kudos
pete_GG
Occasional Contributor
John I've been trading for 2 months and have eaten some good food. Trigger man. Warrants, but looking at CFD's CE I had a 500g fillet at DROS but no idea about a kilogram pet mince, but uh i hope youve gota more than one pet. Chartist talk to CE. JAJ flexible work hours!! is the key to **hapiness**.To Hennie, WORD man!!. GeorgeM, I have seen pro's talk to a bunch of people, hear what they want to and then form their own analysis, and make huge daily profits. From my expierience outside trading, just form your own perspective be sure of it and then listen to other people if you have other traders that see the same thing you know you cant go wrong. But if going alone works for you congrats!!.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the one thing you need to know if you are going to trade for a living is that you are going to wipe yourself out before you will start to make consistent profits....there is no doubt or maybe about this ....every trader I have ever spoken to has experienced this....every good trading resource or traders biography will tell you this. Dont let this put you off though...just have a backup plan and put the house and assets in your spouses name if you can...
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
After 2 months of trading one should perhaps say "I have started to trade for a living" ?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
This is SO true Chartist. If Pietman is trading with his pension fund, oh boy, my the God's be with him. If he is a rich guy trading with a "couple" of bucks form his fortune, fine, but then he is not "making a living" from it. I trade with pocket money, if I have to do it for a living, I would have know the cost of pet's mince, that's for sure. My shares in my business, I make a good living of and this is my focus. I am not a big eater, 250g fillet at the Dross is fine for me, bigger that that will only interfere with the Windhoek. Good luck bra Piet !! (I really mean it)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well Pete I see you say you have been at this for 2 months. But how long have you been at it before you gave up your day job? Good luck to you mate. Know one thing for sure. NOT all traders wipe out but those who do learnt the hard way, that not losing money is the eaiest way to making money in the market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well said John. Try explaining that to Simon.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Pete - I can talk from experience when I say that you have to be very careful of trading to make a certain amount for the months expenses - The biggest problem is you are forced to go into a doubtful trade which you would not have gone into if you were not under pressure.Very Very stressful. You need TIME in and out of the market.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Georgem, you misunderstand me. Avoiding large losses in critical (we can't avoid all losses, but we do have to limit the size). It is merely you method that baffles me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
2 months !!!! are you crazy....even 2 years is not enough...on another point...you need to consider losses as part of the job of the trader. If you are not making small losses all the time you are not doing your job...the most dangerous psychological position you can get into is to make profits all the time.
0 Kudos