Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2 years

Quakedog
Super Contributor
Been holding this for 2 years now and made 0 money. Its like when you were a kid sitting on the concrete rocket ship in the play park that goes nowhere. But still you keep on wishing.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Preston
Super Contributor
Sell it. If you present value that investment with the risk free rate (instead of inflation rate) then you already in a loss situation. Sell it and do not look back.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Cant have 720 000 of them. Will just continue riding the ship that never leaves.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
And you bought them - cos they were cheap? Based on what you probably paid, may I suggest that this looks like small money? May I further suggest that you thank our hostess and make your way gracefully and unobtrusively to the door? I once bought an antique carpet on an auction in Dublin. It looked like great value to me - impeccable provenance -a great West Brit family ,it was part of a sale that included some very expensive pieces of furniture and Irish Silver and paintings. It looked to me like all it needed was a good clean. It turned out to be a poor quality rug under the dirt. I complained to the cleaner. "Oh No - holding it in the hope of selling for what you paid for it - it is just a waste of time" was his reply. "Sell it and move on" . I did. At a loss. I apply this principle continuously.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed, move on .. Forget the loss (if any, it pretty much flat last couple of years) .. the question is what will fire a rerating of this share higher ?? I see nothing ..
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
You guys are killing my soul!
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Results should be out in a couple of months, and if they're still racking up losses it's time to exit. I've built a position too - a spec position that I either expect to lose a substantial proportion of, or make a substantial multiple of. This in a 5 year timeframe. the negatives are obvious - it's nearly bankrupt, and has sailed close to insolvency too. The positives include a building cycle that seems to be turning. I was obviously too early... but timing the market is a mugs game.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I guess you do not want to realise that you were wrong. I was also in that very same situation. I decided to cut my LOSS and stop trading for a week. The pain will slowly subside.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Results out 10 June more or less. Will be good!!! Gonna be the best day of my life.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
You guys see the sens last week? Maybe the concrete rocket will move? Still have not made any money.
0 Kudos