Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2 years

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Been holding this for 2 years now and made 0 money. Its like when you were a kid sitting on the concrete rocket ship in the play park that goes nowhere. But still you keep on wishing.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Sell it. If you present value that investment with the risk free rate (instead of inflation rate) then you already in a loss situation. Sell it and do not look back.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Cant have 720 000 of them. Will just continue riding the ship that never leaves.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
And you bought them - cos they were cheap? Based on what you probably paid, may I suggest that this looks like small money? May I further suggest that you thank our hostess and make your way gracefully and unobtrusively to the door? I once bought an antique carpet on an auction in Dublin. It looked like great value to me - impeccable provenance -a great West Brit family ,it was part of a sale that included some very expensive pieces of furniture and Irish Silver and paintings. It looked to me like all it needed was a good clean. It turned out to be a poor quality rug under the dirt. I complained to the cleaner. "Oh No - holding it in the hope of selling for what you paid for it - it is just a waste of time" was his reply. "Sell it and move on" . I did. At a loss. I apply this principle continuously.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
agreed, move on .. Forget the loss (if any, it pretty much flat last couple of years) .. the question is what will fire a rerating of this share higher ?? I see nothing ..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
You guys are killing my soul!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Results should be out in a couple of months, and if they're still racking up losses it's time to exit. I've built a position too - a spec position that I either expect to lose a substantial proportion of, or make a substantial multiple of. This in a 5 year timeframe. the negatives are obvious - it's nearly bankrupt, and has sailed close to insolvency too. The positives include a building cycle that seems to be turning. I was obviously too early... but timing the market is a mugs game.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I guess you do not want to realise that you were wrong. I was also in that very same situation. I decided to cut my LOSS and stop trading for a week. The pain will slowly subside.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Results out 10 June more or less. Will be good!!! Gonna be the best day of my life.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
You guys see the sens last week? Maybe the concrete rocket will move? Still have not made any money.
0 Kudos