Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

$20 million investment in Yola? Why has this not been announced?

Mr_S
Super Contributor
Yola, formally known as synthasite announced $20 million in series B funding from Reinet fund. Yola apparently (according to a moneyweb post) has a big deal with hewlett-packard. This was announced on the 23 December 2010 when apparently no one was around to comment. Am i the only one who is suprised that no information regarding this investment is made on the website or SENS? or is this one of those 'Other' investments listed on their financials?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Major
Regular Contributor
At $20m it's probably not material, and so doesn't need to be announced.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
A better question is : "does anyone have a view on what the overall strategy is regarding exposure to different industries sectors etc?" I can discern no obvious directions - it all seems opportunitistic.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope it goes on a good run although is down quite a bit today
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Detailed article on REI inl atest FINWEEK - mainly discussing their tech investments.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Small change compared to the $150 mil odd that management will pay themselves in peformance fees this year basically on the back of a rising BAT price. After 3 years of operation stll rely on one investment for 80% of their income.For a growth fund, that is rather snail paced stuff. Suggest putting the shares in an envelope and leave for the grand kids.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Oh! and I forgot. In Luxembourg, rules for a growth fund are that no more than 40% (suc) may be held in any one investment. REI have till 2013 to sort this out. Somebody will have to put on some spikes.
0 Kudos