Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

200 day moving average

FEK
Super Contributor
Hi there, does anyone know the 200MDA for Anglo American and Impala Platinum, please advise. Can you guys advise where I can find 200MDA for shares.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Almost every charting package out there will give you the 200 day moving average. It is normally abreviated as the 200MA though.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks, which charting package will you reccommend (free one please).
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
1.Call up the share your want..... 2.go to "price chart"......, 3.type in 200 in the SMA block .....4. BINGO
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and the chart is here on the OST site
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, but there are 2 SMA blocks (one comes up with a green line and the other with a red line) which one should i use.
0 Kudos
andre20
Contributor
Are you for real??? Any one!!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
@FEK, you are a fraud. On 11 Oct. you said that you only trade derivatives, and are quite successful at it. Now you do not know how to obtain AGL's 200 day m.a? This us unlikely in the extreme. every once in a while, a non-credible character appears on
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
FEK is trading in the Zone...
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks for the comments and advice on where to find the information that I seek. I am looking for the information as someone once said that they will only look at a share if it is above the 200dma. also remember that trading derivatives depends on underlying share price.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
FEK: can I sugges you read the following two books: Secrets of Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets by Stan Weinstein and Strategic Stock Trading by Michael Swanson. These two books discuss the use of moving averages as a basis of a trading system. You can order them from kalahari.com.
0 Kudos