Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2007 Market Crash

sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
This IS going to occur in 2007, would anybody like to predict what month, by crash I mean crash, not a profit taking adjustment!!
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I prefer to look at the cup half-full than half-empty...I welcome corrections to challenge the risk. I rather do my research and work on my portfolios. "Crash" is relative to your investment / trading strategy.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
On what do u base your prediction ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so your crystal ball tells you about the crash but doesn't give you the month never mind day and time. Me thinks you ball needs a tune up...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Where do u come from sharepicker and where do u get your info from?how long have u been trading?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The Dow is due for a correction and it can go either the "slow" way down like it was in 2000 or with a lesser probability 1929 style crash.
0 Kudos
sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
I have been trading since 1968, and the date I predict is Monday 7th May 2007 at 9.01am, based on these years of knowledge!
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
So you should be a very wealthy person being able to read, understand and predict the market so well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if sharepicker is so confident of a crash down to the date and time, perhaps he/she can identify the causes of same?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sharepicker - now that you have everybody's attention, please brake the silence and give us some detail (not bad intended - I have a habit)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sharepicker. I see you entered the market in the final stages of the 1960"s bull run you must have lost heaps, now you back doing the same again in 2007 did you also lose your shirt in the tech bubble of 1999 as well, no wonder you have such a healthy fear of another crash.
0 Kudos
destech
Contributor
It's my feeling that we are now entering (or just into) the 3rd stage bull market. If we don't see a correction soon, this will confirm it. Already we are seeing a market frenzy, and prices will continue to rise to ridiculous levels. Time it right and make a fortune, time it wrong and cry your eyes out! Who will be along for the ride, and who will chicken out?
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
For once my timing was right on HARrrrrrrr!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
where is the first and second stage and more importantly the correction prior the third stage?
0 Kudos
destech
Contributor
You need to look at your chart window > 2 years. Stage 1 : April 2003 to April 2006, stage 2 ends with correction in May 2006. I repeat : If we do NOT see a correction soon, it will confirm stage 3 bull-market. (also - some ind-transport equities are starting to lag the market)
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
at least you added a little (very little) life back into the forum - if nothing else
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi there Zing baby Nice to see you in these parts, I think you are right, The market has been very good to all of us, but untill your doctor and car guard are talking shares dont worry to much,Until the stock market makes headlines we are not in that frenzied state. Be ready for a correction and if it turns into a "crash" short the index and make a mint. Tx.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
On the Sharenet forum Smart Rascal also made the prediction of a crach in May 07, and seems to base his insight on Richard Cluver who thinks he knows it all and never makes a mistake. I think sharepicker = smart rascal = now panicked old fool that falls into the first category of trader types we have, as I explained on this forum a few days ago. But he is entitled to his view and as Cluver will shout very loud when the market makes any sort of correction later this year. Conclusion; as a trader be prepared for anything for I cannot tell the future, but must act on the fact at hand, without going into a panic, of soos C sê in jou broek kOk (dis die Transvaal uitspraak).
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
You can't have 3 years 1st stage and 9 months second. Second stage in most occasions is at least equal to 1st stage
0 Kudos
sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
I have been accumulating shares since 1968 with a very basic selection basis, 1 The company must pay dividends consistently 2 The company's products or places of business must be visable to me (so I can walk in and see for myself how they are doing) 3 I accumulate shares, I do not sell them (thus I am doing quite nicely from their dividends (TAX FREE).
0 Kudos