Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2007 Market Crash

CE
Super Contributor
When u walk into Old Mutual, Harmony, Liberty or whoever's shares u hold, what do u see, and sh@t, where do u live ????????
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sharepicker That is the time tested method, but the why are you scared of a crash now, surely you would see it as just another juicy oppertunity to buy some of those cash and carry shares at a discount.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sharepicker That is the time tested method, but the why are you scared of a crash now, surely you would see it as just another juicy oppertunity to buy some of those cash and carry shares at a discount.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sharepicker, thanks for informing us. Now, are you intending to hold through the crash, will you sell on 04 May or just go short on your present holdings? You must be able to answer this basic question in clear terms, I would expect.
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Here is my prediction... I stare into my crystal ball and I see... I see.. I see it! sharepicker is selling his shares, yes, yes, he sells all his shares on 08 May 2007. :)
0 Kudos
sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
I intend adding to my portfolio on Thursday 1 March 2007, regardless of what happens between now and than.I wil not sell any of my shares in 2007.I am certainly not panicking now, tomorrow or any other day this year (with regard shares anyway), and please can I request that swearing be kept out of my discussion, thank you
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
I thought you predicted a market crash on 07/05. Why then will you ADD to your portfolio in March. Are you for real? The fist lesson that I learned the hard way is *YOU CANNOT PREDICT THE MARKET*. Don't even try. As a mathematician, I invest on the basis of statistics and it works reasonably well. I cannot lose more than 10% on an investment. On average I make money - at the moment, just under than the satrix40 (for last year), but my aim is to improve and fine tune my strategy as I gain more and more experience. ...I think you are a TROLL. Could everyone please stop feeding him.
0 Kudos
sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
I like to invest every year my unspent dividend earnings on the 1st March, and and than spend the rest of the year looking for companies to invest in, or invest more into the shares that I own.I am not trying to start a Third World War here, but am simple asking when the crash in 2007 is going to take place - if you think there is not going to be one, fine, stay out the discussion.But for those that also think there is going to be a crash, lets put our resources together and try and predict when it will happen, just like fund managers who do try and predict the market when they invest monies.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Dear Sharepicker - that is exactly what we are trying to achieve in 27 replies with no luck. Agree, "lets put our resources together" but you refuse to make the basis of your statement known ??? My last efford - explain to us....... otherwise your "resources" statement is also out the window
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
This time I must add one more comment before I sign off on this topic. Sharepicker, thanks for educating us "dom ouens", but you cannot call yourself a trader if you dont sell but only buy as you said. I will not ask why you have an on-line account with SFM. But we have your name and number and will be watching. Bye bye.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Sharepicklet, u seem to be backtracking here. U comment " am not trying to start a Third World War here, but am simple asking when the crash in 2007 is going to take place", OK that would have made sense EXCEPT your very FIRST post have an EXCLAMATION MARK at the end and a much emphasised IS in the sentence, which read on the other side to me looks more like a CHALLENGING STATEMENT! If only STD also had an online course on grammar tsk tsk...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Sharepicker. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the alzheimer's is taking its toll. This is 2007 and not 1987. You're living in the past. Wake up man...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I do not say stockpicker is right or wrong. To predict the date is definately not on. There is an old saying that goes along the lines: Take your profit in April and go away in May. The date/dates never formed part of the saying. Go figure...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Correction Sharepicker not stockpicker but what is the difference after all?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
seems you have irritated a few traders with your prediction.I guess the possible end of a bull run is not welcome in some quarters.To be fair you seem to be an investor not a trader and like myself dividend income talks to you rather than capital appreciation.I understand why you see a crash as possible-certainly we are in expensive territory and I for one have gone quite liquid in anticipation of a correction-I do not see a crash and I mean in the order of 30% drop.I have no idea how to predict date and I have been investing since the 1980's but if it comes this year I will be ready to climb into some shares at hopefully more realistic prices.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm a bit disappointed in the bears. It's taken til the end of Jaunaury for the first CRASH prediction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Having spent the better part of almost 6 years fiddling and farting around with what I call trading and the Missus calls "Shoe money wasted", I have to fully agree with Nosepicker. I've perused the charts at length, and have deduced in all mathematical probability that the impending 2007 crash will take place next Feb. Crashes and corrections I have noticed always occur about 1 year after Microsoft releases their latest operating system. Coincidence? I think not.
0 Kudos