Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2008 stockpicker challenge.......final opportunity

saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
naw, this is only one afternoon - a year is a a long time - and market sentiment is unduly negative. Out there in the real world, conditions are not nearly this despondent, provided you are not selling second-hand cars. lol
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CRG(+) Lots of gold still under Joeys EPS (+) Prime take over target ARQ (+) Soon to jump into production MMH (+) Good diversity and management team PET (+) Bit of a flyer As you can see...I like juniors!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
BDM, MTX, ISA, FWD and ZED. all from my current portfolio.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
CRG = Cargo Carriers. golden trucks? - above or below ground?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oops not CRG should be CRD (Can't work out how the acronyms get deployed!)
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
0 Kudos
madmac
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Ameesh
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thombo
Contributor
I choose , INP - great company been battered and well under value JDG - also been battered , wont perform for 1st half of the year MTX - as above , WEA and SAN
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Long on resources(especially platinum and gold): AGL, IMP, ANG, SOL, SIM
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
hmmm, nice base from which to start the challenge....even if the market goes lower near-term...we might all look like whizzes at year end! (or fools?)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
And all those guys that manage to make money can make a donation to JZ trail.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
There is a similar competition run by Moneyweb,also with no prize,just the knowledge that u forecast correctly.It got scores of entries including m'self.No on knows why we enter as most of us will end with egg on our faces,no where near the correct entry.With all that can happen in a year ,it will be more chance, than good stock picking abilities that throw up a winner.Note to Topgun;Have u noticed that the derivitives and some actual shares are are not usually correct by Friday 9pm yet? SBK seems to take longer being Friday and only puts the final Friday price on Saturday 10.30 am.So on Saturday morningi'll turn my entry back to zero on my watchlist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I am going to use Monday's Business Day for today's closing prices - as supplied by the JSE directly.
0 Kudos