Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Quakedog
Super Contributor
So from the lows of 2009 I have bought, sold did a little reading and tech analysis. My portfolio has grown since 2009 at 40%. I am quite impressed by that. But where is the bar? What have the others on the forum done? Winners for me have been: SOL, BTI, SAB, SPG. Two of these I dont own anymore which I should have kept. I sold my mother BTI at R285 and my father SAB at R253. DUMB BUMB DUMB Never the less i have a return of 40%. What have you guys returned?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MarkD
Contributor
I have only been trading (more like investing really)locally since late 2009, basically start of 2010. I started when i was overseas in early 2008 and lost alot of money... On my local portfolio I am up 20% since the start of 2010. For me some of the winners were DiData which i sold for 40% up. Currently Shoprite is over 100%+. My other favourite is Richemont. After alot of watching and waiting I bought GND, which tanked hard. Implats also wasnt the best buy and also tanked as soon as I picked it up. Woolworths was a much better buy. So this year has been quiet but i have expanded my porfolio a fair bit, and starting to get some nice divs coming in!
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
whats the message---buy and hold eventually you will get a good return, better than bank rates
0 Kudos