Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2010 World Cup

Preston
Super Contributor
Guys,Was anyone in this forum sucessful in getting tickets for the 2010 World Cup . I have got 1 Ticket for Opening Match Ticket for the pool stage Ticket for Knock Stages Ticket for the QuarterFinal Now i need for the semi final and final?
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Frequent Contributor
Tickets for the final are going to be sold by SA, and not by FIFA will only be out next year
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The 3rd round which starts in NOV 2009, will include tickets for the Final and semi final.Did you visit FIFA.com?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I heard 6k a ticket!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Opening match set me back R3150.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Yeah went to fifa.com but I will recheck it was said by the LOC and also on one of the shows covering the world cup that it is sold by SA. Also got opening tickets at R 3150 and a couple of group game tickets, final tickets would be great but think it is gonna be a lottery to try and get them
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I suggest applying 3 ways. Firstly go to any branch of any Bank sponsoring the event and buy that card. Secondly ,ask your wife/family member to put in an application on your behalf. Thirdly,apply for the maximum ticket or pool those tickets with someone who has ticket for alternative matches.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Or work for the biggest sponsor!!!!
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
yeah got 28. Two sets of four for first round matches. Four sets of 4 for all second round knockout matches played at Soccer city, Ellis park , Loftus and Rustenburg. 1 set of 4 for QF at soccer city. Missed the semi and final tickets though. Hope to sell my 20 knockout tickets for 2000 Euro each , problem is that its allocated to my ID, sons id and wifes ID. Hope Engand and Germany meet in the knockout rounds for which I have tickets so that can offload those tickets at 5000 euros each. Guys how is that for return on investment ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you simple can't sell them .. I have a friend in Gernmany who tried it in 2006, he lost a fortune ending up with seats for most games but unable to sell .. hence the ID # etc. .. an it would be in breach of the terms an conditions that you bought them under ..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Was just about to say the same thing as simon, looks like some investments are bad investments, LOL.
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Simon i thought that'd be a problem with the confederations cup as the tickets were also linked to my ID. However they never once checked ID's on entrance to the stadium so really anyone could have had them.. (The confed tickets did state though that only valid ID holders would be able to enter or if someone had your tickets you would need to be with them)However there were absolutely no controls regarding this and I don't see how they are going to enforce them @ a world cup were stadiums will have 40 thousand + people at the least..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Marco, do remember how poor crowd attendace was in the confed cup, they were practically giving away tickets. Doudt that will be the case next year??
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I know that in Germany many touts sold tickets and although they had the ID numbers on them , staduim staff did not acually verify the ID's. What happens when you pitch to the match and just tell them you dont have your ID , they cant actually turn you back? anyway I am a big soccer fan and I would actually be taking the month off from work to enjoy the world cup spirit , so if I do not sell them I would definetly be at the stadium watching. so it is a win win situation
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes an no .. world cup a whole different league to confed cup .. that said, agreed how do you check 80000 odd ticket holders .. no idea .. but I do know FIFA is massively anti ticket scalping ..
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Agreed world cup and confed totally diffrent. The confed cup is just a friendly warm up to real thing (world cup). The english , dutch , germans , brazillans , koreans , argentines , french , spanish will be coming in their thousands.
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
True i guess.. I highly doubt that they will check each and every ID document and turn people away should they not be carrying it on them. It would be chaos and it would take to much time to have to go through every single persons ID document. However i feel that its wrong of people buying tickets in bulk and trying to make a profit out of it, you disadvantage other ordinary SA citizens who can't afford to fork out the cash that foreignors can to watch a good game in his home country.
0 Kudos
macker753
Occasional Contributor
I'm sitting on roughly 8 games ... I say roughly as I have been battling with Fifa regarding 2 of my games. At the start of the second sales phase, payment did not automatically come off my credit card so I was requested to make a transfer! I did this over 3 months ago and am still waiting for my payment to get allocated ... they seem to be semi brain-dead at the call centre. Same thing happened to my mate, except they took the cash off his card a couple of weeks after the transfer - so hes been waiting 3 months for a refund of 8 grand - fun times! Final tickets will come available (again) as part of the random draw sales phase - somewhere around 16 November! I'm holding thumbs!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trick is how do you sell them .. my friend in germany put an advert on an online auction and got a call from the cops (not fifa, the police) and they confiscated the tickets he was trying to sell ..
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Simon thats the German cops. German cops = effecient , South African cops = non existent , useless , can be bribed
0 Kudos