Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2016?

partridge
Super Contributor
As a long term investor I can only say management is talking sense - and if it is delivered on then .. the results will be there . At least there is someone running this who appears to be in the same solar system. Even if there is more downside and I am waiting to buy all the way down to 140(chuckle) this is looking attractive to accumulate.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm. lots of ifs, buts and maybes and then maybe they get return on capital to 15% which is only a smidgen above cost of capital ..
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
If return on capital is pivotal, please explain SAB's shareprice trajectory. ;)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well it depends where you plan to exit, or when you plan to exit...i still prefer BHP Bhilliton for investment. As for management talking the talk ,i would accumulate when the the price starts talking...Anyway, AGL is a good share to trade..very predictable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
everybody drinks beer .. some even make it ..
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Jest don't ask about ROC!
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Long term investment ? I don't know about that, wages and electricity is going to knock them, also their investment in Brazil is over budget. Bhp is five time bigger than this company, and is more exposed to oil and gas where anglo got platinum, which I think is not going anywhere fast, diamonds ? and iron ore ? I am not so sure.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Hands up those of you who have actually read what the CEO said - Ahh I thought so! Okay I agree it is early days - but at least this is business speak I am reading not from way out there. And I love costs and rationalizations -'cos there are some rubbish businesses under the roof - but I am much happier to see a focus on real profitability - which is all of it indicative of a turnaround in the making - but I agree 2016....? (noting as I do Billiton's ROC)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
cynthia said the same things?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Promising something and not delivering it might well be excusable but promising the same thing twice and not delivering it smacks of carelessness.( apologies to Wilde)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, Warren Buffet would have a little side talk with Cutifani, then Buffet would have bought a whole chunk of AGL , and the next day, make a big media statement about it, and share price wold get a boost....so who's buying chunks right now....I agree with the CEO , AGL is constipated, its all in there but just can't get it out....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, actually .. read the results statement, watched him on Bloomberg and download the results presentation ..
0 Kudos