Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

21 May 2007 - Market opening delay!

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The JSE is experiencing major technical issues this morning that is preventing the opening of the market.

The opnening has thus been delayed indefinately.

We'll update this message once we have more detail on the expected opening time of the market
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Escom ? All we need now is a JSE disaster which will finally bury the optimism associated with the FIFA w c optimism. Maybe the JSE suffers from the pvs week 2-ply demand. Buy SAPPI
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Is this not the first time ever that this has happened. I recall reading an article if my memory serves me correct that since the JSE went fully electronic it has never gone down. Oh well first time for everything.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
any news or rumours as to what exactly went wrong technically ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
XWolf
Contributor
Hell hath no fury as a Monday scorned
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I don't mind screwing that one if the optimism for the nation improves somewhat
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this has happened beofe, even since it went electronic.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Very clever CE.Tha t made me smile.
0 Kudos
Richard_1
Occasional Contributor
So, is this all the explanation we are going to get? Why do we all accept this as the norm? Maybe it is! Maybe we are settling for anything substandard as acceptable! Gone are the days of Quality systems, oh how we have settled for poor service! sis ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
richard, what do you want? Why do you care? The JSE had a network problem this am, that's all they said. If you want more speak to them.
0 Kudos