Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

23,5% up on the day ... did I miss something?

Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Can someone explain why Mondi LTD is up by 235 on the day?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Perhaps MPACT's latest profit forecasts have been so poor that investors have assumed the attitude that the unbundling will have no "impact" on MONDI's earnings - and so they have reverted to the PLC pricing model.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
See sens- 1 Aug 2011 - MND - consolidation - 80.54 shares for every 100 held MND will consolidate today. All holdings have been reduced accordingly. Clients will now only have 80.54 shares for every 100 previously held. Expect an pro-rate increase in the share price.
0 Kudos
Mity
Occasional Contributor
Does that mean the shares we currently hold are now worth more? Will we get profits on long CFD positions based on todays share price increase?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nope - today's closing price = R 65 times by 0.8054 = R 52,35 (Yesterday was R 53,26) So you lost R 0.91 today. If you sold at R 66,13 then you would have broken even today. (53,25 divided by 0.8054 = R 66,13)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Down big time on Mondi after the consolidation, down 11% and will wait for the dividend payout before I get rid of this, at least I will be down less than 11% after September.
0 Kudos