Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2nd Million

Ega
Super Contributor
Have started working on my second million

My first one was a complete failure.

Unlike Make a Directory, I'm only making about R1 per day, but intend doing it for the next million days.

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
The best way to make a million is to start with 2 million and use TA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You won't live that long Ega. More than 2500 years. Even if you are a robot.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Starting with R10k, 50 trades which each generate 10% clear profit, re-investing the full capital in each trade.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
10k reinvesting the 10% doesnt make it sound so bad and it works lol i just checked. But on average what would say your gain to loss is? Eg: for very 3 trades 1 loss? Any day traders with a norm or is it impossible to say?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
the average day trader gets it right 50% of the time there are of course traders with a much higher percentage than that, but you can still be a succesful day trader with only a 30% winning rate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It has been my experience that certain systems give different win/loose ratios, normally more profit less wins and vice versa. Backtesting systems is good for this purpose. Ultimately I believe that a good system is secondary to proper money management and good discipline. A 'poor' system (20 - 30%) win ratio will still make money in the hands of a good money manager with good discipline. The "pro's" also work on a monthly return on capital of 11.7% which is apparantly about a 241% compounded return. The million is there for the taking we should just become the best traders that we can be. Good luck in the chase.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
learner i coulnt agree with you more.as the saying goes, were not in the market to make a profit but to preserve capital the market will reward you for doing a good job.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stick to 5 % profit margins. Don't loose more than 30% of your trade, if u r close that trade immediately. Stick to the profit margins you planned. I try to make 3k everday with 60k. Avg months = 45k to 55k. Good months bout 80k.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
mkadir what are you trading?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MKADIR what time do you do your trades in the morning or afternoon
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
At night he is to busy pulling EISKOM wires
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
If a day trader gets it right 50% of the time and MK is taking 5% but gets of a loss a 30% how do you make money? 50% of the time you making 5% and 50% losing 30%. Even at 75/25 you dont make money? Anybody?
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Right Shaun If his first three trades are losses of 30% each he is left with R33 180 almost half of his capital - maybe this is a system were you do not need arithmetic.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes i agree the only way to make money if your percentage is lower than 50% wins is by letting your winners run and cutting your losses straight away, not losing 30%. omo
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
There are alot of people sitting with 30% or more losses, but they wait because they think the market owes it to them to recover. That would just be a warning to those people to say cut your losses and move on. He will obviously have a 2-3% stop loss installed for a 5% profit. IMHO
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Yeah that makes sense but your stop may get triggered to soon with current volatile market. 10% with a 5% stop sounds good.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
That is for each person to decide according to his own risk profile. This is 1 of the small differences why some people makes money and some lose
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
how the hell do you do that?
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
If we knew, that would definately make that R1million look alot closer!
0 Kudos