Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

30 day SMA

sponono
Super Contributor
has come back to the 30 day SMA. this is where I add some more.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
shares
Contributor
Hi Sponono So why do you like CFR at this level?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I quote like it too.It has had a controlled pullback (bull flag?) to the rising support line that started on 1 Oct. it is now oversold on the daily chart so there is a reasonable chance of it turning up from here.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Hi Russ Sounds like a technical analysis, any other reasons you'd be going long on this?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Nope,I am too lazy to look at fundamentals.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Ditto for NPN which is showing signs of life.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
has nothing to do with what the level is: what the share price is the most irrelevant thing in technical analysis but what the share price behaviour is, is most valuable. In this case the share price has found support at the 30 day moving average after hitting an all time high. You can look at the chart of NPN between January and June 2012 to see that every time it found support at the 30 day SMA after hitting an all time high it rallied by abount 10%. Now do please give me your email address sothat I can send you an invoice for the lecture,
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Apologies for the open ended question. I was trying to avoid a leading question and thus potentially influencing or biasing your answer. Your comment about the SMA pointed to fundamentals as the basis of your stance on CFR. I do appreciate your answer about the behaviour of the price but I was trying to find out if there were also any fundamentals informing your opinion. It seems that there is still not much overlap between technical and fundamental analysis.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
still like cfr.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
still long eyeing IPL at R200
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
lekker ding 5% higher is Switzerland
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Like cfr even more now!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
And it's only just moving up from oversold.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
entered this morning at open...not complaining at all
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
has just made 5% which is equal to 100% return on my initial margin on IG
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
no follow through today, I have closed my position. Might re-enter at R68.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm staying in.Will buy more if it drops to 68!
0 Kudos