Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

3000 Sanlam shares

YNWA
Super Contributor
Wilco dude...this is a classic "father-in-law" trap designed by the "mother-in-law"......you both assume their will be profits, what happens if you see your arley....you gonna be paying "lobola" forever amigo....give the shares back & ask for the hard cash, lets see some REAL commitment to the deal....oh, I would then take my damsel and head for the hills! Adios
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Y -man is so right....All you do is ask the father in law what to do next.. and then listen. Its the only way out of the trap....Ask him questions about time frames, expectations, div yields, PE's and take "play" out of your vocab. this is serrious stuff after all its money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah, I agree totally with John. Father in law prolly wants you to learn from him. So, keep on asking his opinion and do what he says. Once you develop strong opinions for yourself, discuss it with him first. He cant be angry at you if you lose money based on his opinions. Use it as an opportunity to gel with the in-laws.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The very fact that its Sanlam shares tells me he is conservative and cautious so I expect you should be also..what I would do is put x amount into satrix top 40 on a monthly basis (over and above the current bounty) and tell him about it..tell him that by doing this you will recieve dividends and you will outperform 90% of active pro's in the market ..by doing this it means you are serrious about markets and understand that it takes time to build wealth. Dude I have been down this road trust me.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John you're sounding like a fundamentalist. Why should he not use words like.. candle sticks, cups and sauces, kangaroo tales, heads and shoulders, barbie dolls, etc. It appears to work for many on this forum.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Long term he has nothing to worry about. Short term I have no idea nor advise.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Because you are living proof how obtuce old folks can be!!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Now now, Johnnie Boy. No need to get upset.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I thought I knew all them patterns - but wtf is a barbie doll??
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Yore charts will be riddled with them if you get some barbiturates on board.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
0 Kudos