Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

33.233 rights/nil paid letters (MTXN) for every 100 Metorex Limited shares

Maggie
Super Contributor
Hey, would appreciate some advice here. Not sure what this is all about? Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Wino
Super Contributor
MTX is busy with a rights offer. As a shareholder you are entitled to 33.233 shares for every 100 you hold at R3.60/share. NPL's of allocation (MTXN) are awarded in the same ratio as your rights and are listed seperately for a fixed period of time (refer SENS). These NPL's can be traded and the rights have value. If you sell your NPL's you also sell your rights to participate in the rights offer. If you buy more NPL's you purchase someone else's rights and you can in that way increase the number of your share allocation and therefore your participation. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
I don't think so, as you own the contract and not the underlying share therefore you would not be the registered shareholder in the company's books.
0 Kudos
pellie
New Contributor
Sorry, I still do not know what to do? What is a rights offer? What will the result be of accepting their offer, will I then have shares in the NPL and what does this mean?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dude, i am going to pre-empt the stream of responses that are come from the forum on this question. No 1) A rights offer is one of the most basic of share concepts - you really need to gain a better understanding of what you are investing in, before you invest - seriously. OST has some great courses - and there is a lot of info on the help & education section. You can even google it. No 2) To answer your question, Metorex needs money, and they are asking you the shareholder to buy more shares, so that they can get more money. They have issued you the share holder with a number of NPL's - which are the right, but not the obligation, to buy more shares as soon as they become publically tradable. Now you can do one of 3 things - you can buy more shares, as allocated by your NPL - You can sell your rights, at the price of hte NPL - you can do nothing, which means you lose your NPL's once the new shares become tradable, which would be stupid, because then you make no money at all. Seriously, spend some time learning what you are doing!
0 Kudos