Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

4 Sept - todays action live trade - using the pivots makes it super easy

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
pp, SI, S2,S3,S4 and S5 all taken out. The point was to show how you can enter the shorts at retests of the previous pivot....
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Mark, what follows is meant as constructive criticism. What you say in your postings and what you are showing in the video’s does not appear to be the same. In your posts on this forum, you create the impression that (1) you are trading 5 contracts, that (2) you go long/short at a certain point and that (3) you then take profits at certain points along the way. I had a look at the video of your live trade (posted above), and I paused the video on time 05:43, showing your completed trades for the day so far. What I see from this screenshot is that (1) you trade 1 contract in and out, that (2) your trades last a couple of minutes at most, and that (3) by +- 15h00 you have completed a staggering 95 trades. This strategy may work for you, but that is not the issue. The inconsistency however, is an issue, and it reflects badly on your credibility. Maybe I don’t understand the platform you use and I misinterpret the screenshot. If that’s the case, I apologise. But, on a previous occasion you also had inconsistencies (well it was a lie), which Hennie pointed out. People remember these things, and your efforts to teach are then viewed with severe scepticism. Fact is that I do not believe any other forumite on this forum can trade successfully at such high frequencies, and they should be made aware of this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes you are right...but it must be understood i have a core holding of 5 ctx on a trade like that ...the rest are high frequency scalps which are appropriatte for what i call a dirty squeeze (constant moves up to mid bollinger). You are right most people would not do this or want to do this. Each to his own. HOWEVER the point of the video was not to show this...the point was to show how one can use the pivots effectively and I hope this is the massage that came across.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TOPIX you are damned if you do damned if you dont...in the past I have just shwon the profit level achieved and I have gotten a roasting when I show a 10 or 20K profit as well... I was told it was boastful....I like to think of it as inspirational. In the other videos I have shown how you can sit and patiently wait for your orders to get filled at target when there is a clear clean squeeze or some other set up in place...yesterday was not such a day with signals tiggering long and short all day...i just take the trades as i see them...
0 Kudos