Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

50,000 on the top40

14 REPLIES 14
Preston
Super Contributor
Please advise us how much of her own money she wagered?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea but more importantly is check her track record .. her last three bullish Top40 calls all been spot on .. first was some +10k points ago ..
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
Should analysts trade their own recommendations? Its mostly prohibited for good reason it also takes the emotion out of the equation. I would agree with Simon, Moxima's calls on the Top40 have been good. Specific shares that's a topic for another day.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I think her share calls good as well .. she an garth the two TA people I rate, but they very different
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I think there should be total disclosure from anybody in the industry (including here) .. and if you talk it trade but .. but I in the minority on this
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
I agree on Garth, the proof in the pudding is risk/return, do the maths on Moxima's calls
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Well check her analysis on Top 40 and be the judge, her trades takes time to pan out......
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
FEK, as I have stated before she makes good calls on the Top40, the question is if the research was not offered for free, would you pay for it, I'm a willing payer for Garth and Warrens daily picks, make enough return to cover the subscription service multiple times over.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reyden here the maths for Moxima 2013 stock calls .. 19 calls .. 14 winners 5 losers .. ave winner +14%, ave loser -8% .. ungeared .. you couldn't make money off that ??
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
Average cost per trade 2% do the sums and not lets forget opportunity costs
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK so lets add 2% costs per trade .. we than have 19 calls .. 14 winners 5 losers .. ave winner +12%, ave loser -10% .. ungeared .. I ask again, you couldn't make money off that ??
opportunity cost is nonsense, you double your money (assuming spreads of slippage) .. Garth did 50% geared in 2013 .. unless you got a super sneaky response you saving
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
Simon, when I see next time, lets have a beer and chat, I'm sure the forum is not particularity interested in I have my view on Moxima, Clive Roffey, Warren Pea*****, Garth or any other technical analyst and you have your view and who is right, each to his own.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I don't really see the merits of these projections.....I am still long the ALSI weekly and daily, and 50 000 will give me another 6000 points per contract, but if we see 40 000 first, will I still be in when we eventually get to 50 000?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think resources will do a lot of the pulling.
0 Kudos