Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

61.80%

Frequent Contributor
For all the guru's out there , is the 61.8% retracement on IMP at 24700 , as i just want to know if i'm drawing the Fibo lines correct?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
umm,no. You've got it upside down. The 100%point must be at the lowest trough of the graph, and the 0%point at the highest high.(The principle being that a 100% retracement would take you back to the same level as the lowest point.)
btw. that word 'guru' mustn't be used so lightly - just because somebody can say 'fibonacci' doesn't mean they make any more money than the next bloke - it only means they lose it more precisely...
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the input AvS , much appreciated , another question so do i draw the line from 17th Aug 2007 (Low of 172.02) to 4th Mar 2008 (High of 368.00)?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh is THAT what you were doing...?
Ya, I suppose you could do it like that if you want. Here's the interesting bit - choose your low point as 5243, i.e. May 2004. You will see that my long-term 38% level lines up perfectly with your short-term 61.8% level. Keep in mind that we chose our starting points totally arbitrarily.
The meta-physical question is this: What relationship is there between the low of 2004 and the pull-back of 2007 that caused them both to predict exactly the same support levels in 2008???
0 Kudos