Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sponono
Super Contributor
closes above 95 ex div day resistance. nca.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
gareth01
Regular Contributor
As a trader, patience was the name of the game...next target price R98, then R100... Will take profits at that level, and will be very satisfied.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gareth-I agree with your statement 100% about patience. But what happened to me was that my stop loss sold me out on both VOD and MPC and then the share bounced up again. How do you guys overcome this stop loss murpheys law issue....do you just set wider stop loss nets?
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
If you are disciplined enough, set a manual stop. That is, identify your stop loss level when you enter the trade rather than entering an automatic stop loss. If your stop less level is triggered, you need to exit the trade yourself, rather than automatically being stopped out. You will often get shaken out of your position if you enter automatic stops, even if the price moves a just few cents past your stop. Use it, don't use it...
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
@JD247 - I have burnt my fingers by putting a wider stop loss to mitigate murphy's law scenario arising, but then was caught adding to my losing trade... now I have made a conscious decision to make it 10% of capital outlay, when entering my trading po
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
stop loss will always taunt a trader, but without one you go bust .. so make a plan and stickt o it, for good an bad ..
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
Now that the div issue is out of the way - i expect a steady climb to the R120 levels - got in at 94 rans levels again as see this as a long term potential - if prepared to wait 2 years - can achieve another 50% - not many other well established companies will give that kind a growth
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
At last a bit of green on my screen, got in at 9715 just before LDT, turning out to be a good dividend strip.Managed to do the same with ABL
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
blast, we was going for a record, no posts until after lunch .. seemingly you lunch early ??
0 Kudos