Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A list of large capital(blue chips) shares....

barry_1
Super Contributor
...and how they have performed over the last two years,starting date for the 37, i have on my watchlist is 16/12/05........BEST:...AMS +137%....ACL +118%....LON +105%....BIL +93%....MTN +81%....AGL +78%....IMP +50%.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
I hope these figures can be of value to somebody.I used this section so as to give time for anybody that might like to make a copy.THE WORST PERFORMERS OVER JUST LONGER THAN, THE LAST TWO YEARS ARE:....INP -79%....JDG -53%....IPL -42%,....BAW -16%...LBH -11%....SAP6%....PPC-5%.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Sounds easy if you started in May '05... try the same but make the start date around mid '07... different story isn't it? Especially if you added some banking and retail stocks in there!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
This makes me think ,what is wrong with JDG for instance? Are there other problems we know nothing about as the share keeps going down? Surely it can't just be the trading conditions,although i have it in for a recovery this year,i am becoming cautious as te recovery might take longer than i anticipate!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Ja u are quite right,and just for the record if taken over a year,THE BEST PERFORMER in this category is THE JSE itself with again of 105%,and the banks are with the worst.I just felt it was time to stand back from the market and re-assess our position.Just think how much one looses on a negative share if inlfation is also taken in! I only draw up a watchlist in this category every two years and did so again in Dec.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Wizzy
Not applicable
0 Kudos