Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A question about the PEG (price earning growth).

Not applicable
Hehehe, unless you can "PEG" down what the companies profits are going to be next year, everything else is a best guess. Not sure that doing 50 million calculations will help you. One small mistake and the PEG, PE and everything else flies right out the window. But, if you like doing all thses calculations, then do it and never mind my comments.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
That is what risk means. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, will the sun rise or not?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
If the growth rate is removed, then quite obviously B is the better investment no matter what the time frame. However, one should not be using the PEG ratio as an investment tool if there is no growth rate to consider. G = growth.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
What do you think is the range difference of initial investment returns between two companies where one company has a PEG of 1 and the other .8 in percentage over a 10 year span, all things being equal? What will your R100,000 invested in both companies be worth including dividend?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I did not mean to remove the growth rate in company A but just be remove the confusion around it because 10% growth to a 10% earning is still no comparison to a company that doubles every year.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
However is there really a big difference when a company is running neck and neck with another company, it is not as if the winner takes all as in a horse race. I asked skaapjop the question below regarding the two companies running neck and neck. Depending on the answer will show the value of the PEG.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm willing to bet it will rise. Will you take my bet?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
LOL, you have nothing to loose if it does not?
0 Kudos