Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A quick forum survey!

ABuzz
Super Contributor
I gave up smoking on Fri 11th July, so it's been 11 days. Pretty tough going, but I have a nicorette everytime I get the craving, which is starting to be less and less. when I did smoke I had to smoke outside and I generally didn't take longer than 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
at the moment im chewing a nicorette, got a patch on each arm,two on the tummy, brandy in one hand , and a smoke in the other
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Personally allergic to smoke,was a second -hand smoker for most of my life,i.e.was forced to inhale other peoples smoke,which meant even going to to the cinema was a bad experience.My mother died of lung cancer,caused by smoking,she was introduced to smoking in her youth when it was the "in thing to do !"
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
If only my shares gained weight the way I did after I stopped 5 years ago. I think the trick to stop is never to have that one at a social gatehering. No not even a puf.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I just don't like it...Tried it and I just don't...Maybe trading has become my addiction though
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Tried it when I was 16, didn't like it, but liked the drinking :D
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
smoke and love it - outside - approx 5 minutes.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Dont smoke although i am tempted to try ganja when i try to follow some of the threads on this site........
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Smoked for 18 years, gave up about 8 years ago. Terrible habit.....BUT nothing like a smoke after a couple of drinks.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Anyone who smokes is brain dead - OMO
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hate it - why the survey?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Einstein also smoked...That E=mc2 came from his pipe...
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
So that proves it. I mean Einstein is dead, isn't he?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Quite obviously if you smoke or have smoked a long term outlook in the market is a waist. Unless you are planning a legacy to you kids. I mean lets face it, the odds of out living your savings as a smoker are pritty small. If you have comprehensive medical cover that is. Do you know BAT makes 27 billion cig's a year.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Actually the odds of out living your savings as a smoker are LARGER. Of course if you smoked from your waist, thats another matter.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
John, what has your waist got to do with the market or smoking, if it is a problem you should visit Virigin Active. Personally I dont smoke, I dont have the time, I am too busy drinking!!! which is much better for your health, red wine negates cholestoral and huge dips in the stock market ...LOL
0 Kudos