Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A surprise?

barry_1
Super Contributor
75 basis points?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
at least 125 rate cut my dumb friend
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i would jump over the moon if u were right!!!!!!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i shold add,with joy!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Well it seems the market expects at least 100 and even 150. The question is what lies ahead? Anyway, with the DOW below 8k and FTSE and DAX red, and we're green? Mz Market here is definitely in an optimistic mood and it won't pay to buck the short term trend.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its green because of a gap thats all.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
We should reach the low of today with great timing around 15h00 this afternoon and that would have completed a great H&S on the 5min, also just in time for the market to show its dissapointment with the 50bps. Should it play out we'll see around 17800 again. Of course, Tito may just give us 100bps and the market will use it to negate the H&S. All in all it looks like it'll all come to pass around 15h00 to 15h30, right?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Don't know what the fuss is about. It is clear as day that we will see a 1% drop. Nothing more, nothing less.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I agree, 100bps, and the market has seen it coming so it is factored in, can't see it doing much to the market after the announcement. If it is less than that, the market will react, omo.
0 Kudos
aaronbennett
Contributor
HOW DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THIS STUFF!?!?!?! im still trying to figure out what kind of a portfolio to put together!!!! hahaha but still having a jol!!! and the sharks dominated the bulls again last night... it will be a good day ;) hahaha
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
u are not my friend!...the bulls know how quickly the sharke get discouraged and decided the throw the came to cheer them up!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Ok, guess not then. We now going for a double top? or are we gunning for 20,000?
0 Kudos
aaronbennett
Contributor
hahaha deep down inside, everyone wants to be a shark ;) haha wish i could have watched it!!! on an investment note, I have shares in SIM and I see it is starting to rally. There is a table that shows bid prices and quantities, and offer prices and quantities. Can this be used as an indication of whether a share will go up or down.. basically a supply vs demand thing?? or am i picking up stompies???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WHERE the * is BIL going to.?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
100 points, they only work in multiples of 50, over & done
0 Kudos