Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABIL

indium
Contributor
Any views on whether African Bank is something to consider for a 10 to 20 year value portfolio to invest into ? I see coronation has increased its stake recently. There seem to be 2 schools of thought either bargain of century or a complete dog, however I am intereseted on views as 6 months ago people could not throw enough money into it. Why not now for a longer term holding ?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable
My opinion, I think it still has some way to drop. Look to picking it up around 1250c if that support holds else around 1080c. I don't think it will go much lower. Longer term I think its good share to have with a target of R25-R30 within 18 months. I think the next 6 months will be critical as I think there is still some negative items to come through...Keep watching and buy on the dips but approach the next 6 months wit caution. If you haven't entered yet waiting for the trading update on Monday. Longer term I think there is great potential for this company. They have a huge network and have footprint as well as feet to support. Potential to diversify is immense as well in the longer term. Right now unsecured lending dominates and needs to stabilize. Luckily, unsecured lending tends to turn around faster than mortgages for example and tends to be less costly. African Bank seems to be cost efficient in certain aspects which should help them through this little bump in the road. Longer term, I would buy through the dips. I haven't started buying yet, as I am waiting for the share to turn and it hasn't yet. So I would advise wait for the longer term supports than start buying. Just my opinion...
0 Kudos