Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABIL

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Anyone know how long ABIL will be suspended for? and if it will start to trade again?. feel for the investors (or should I say gamblers ) that were buying like their is no tomorrow if their cash is now frozen
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Happy
Contributor
I Don't get it, why would you buy into a stock that is freefalling when there are hundreds of other stocks that you can buy that will make you money and preserve your capital?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Cause i can. Cause if this turns i double the "mad money" ie i will take those odds.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
likely a couple of eyars
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
As long as it takes to recoup the loans!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaa!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what odds would those be exactly? A company with a R450m market cap - requires a R10bn bailout. How on earth can you possibly think you can make money in such a scenario?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thing is that share holders in a bank that had to be recaped should not expect to make any money .. at best they can maybe avoid a 100% loss in time
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Ordinary shareholders down the pecking order too. Preference shareholders would get a bigger bite.
0 Kudos