Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABL

Snaps
Occasional Contributor
ABL is good company, but share price seems to be influenced by news release. It's case of sentinment around ABL.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
didn't a set of weak results come out yesterday or so?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The masters of reckless lending.They just used to dish out loans to people who couldn't repay them,sometimes 2,3 or 4 loans to the same person. The chickens eventually came home to roost.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
At the expenses of the shareholders. Individuals who implemented that aggressive strategy, waited for the share price to appreciate to healthy price level and then sold out. The amigo who had 3 or 4 loans given to him, is probably at debt counselling.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
At the expenses of the shareholders. Individuals who implemented that aggressive strategy, waited for the share price to appreciate to healthy price level and then sold out. The amigo who had 3 or 4 loans given to him, is probably at debt counselling.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
The question still remains what percentage of clients are going to be without jobs in future and/or maybe on strike without pay. I find it difficult to understand the structure of a business plan with so many unknowns.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
I agree that their business plan is fundamentally not right. You cant give loans to people to finance their living costs. On the other hand what I don't understand is why Coronation and the PIC is buying their shares ?
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
They buy, because in theory it's an excellent business model which is meant to pay up big in the future like Capitec.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
On what is published, there is only 33.7% left in liquid trade, the rest is held by institutional investment.
0 Kudos