Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABO Still riding seesaw

Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Can someone please advise me on the following. As most of you know ABO was granted mining rights. The company will now seek funds for the mining operations. Will this have a huge negative influance on the growth of the share for the next year or two. I bought this share at 2c. I do not exspect the share to grow much very soon but it have great long term possibility due to the mining operations.(Note:please no comment on why I waist my time with 2c shares)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Brazen
Super Contributor
Huge negative influence? I don't think so marno. I'd say the downside is limited. It's really unlikely go below 1 cent.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Maybe Chartist's poolboy could do a viddy chart of ABO. That would be cool.
0 Kudos
Ntosazane
New Contributor
I the share should be investigated. Somebody is fixing the share price and buying all the shares at 1c to make a huge profit in the future.
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
Why bother with a share like this. I cannot understand why people are attracted to small-caps. Ignore the share price. It **DOES NOT** matter. Look at the company, look at the management team, look at business they're doing, even look at the fundamentals. Then decide how much you want to invest and buy. Whether it is a kazillion at 5c or 50 shares at R500. It does not matter. Your analysis will pay off in the long run. ABO at 2c is worse than gambling. You will never see that money again.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
You probably bought a truckload full of ABO and trying to justify it somehow. I agree with Wimpus - and with you... You are indeed wasting your time. There are so many other "better" penny stocks to pick from (if you have to). You are indeed gambling...I once was in ABO as well and sold at nothing. "School fees" And have to admit it twice. Since then (3 months ago) I changed tactics to developed an investment strategy in a couple of AltX shares AND started studying and trading SSF's on a bit of TA. My losses turned into profit / ROI for the first time. Apply your patience somewhere else - ABO may reward you one day, but think about the opportunity cost...
0 Kudos
Ntosazane
New Contributor
I bought R1000 worth of stock @ 4c cost. My school fees is not a great loss at the moment, but I hate losses and can hang in there until it makes a profit. At the moment it is worth R250.00 so not worth selling and I do not loose any opportunities.
0 Kudos