Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABO - something brewing?

ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yesterday was biggest volume day in over a year and at 11.59 there was a trade of 7 million shares. I definitely think something is happening which we haven't heard about yet. what do you guys think?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Movement on this share above 2c will be appreciated by quite a few people on this forum. I was one of the fools that bought shares in ABO 1 and a half years back.
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
I also bought about ayear and half ago, and would deffinitly like some movement above 3c
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Me too, hence why I am watching it with such interest. I thought they were going forward when they started opening retail tile outlets, but then they closed their Cape Town one, so yes, some movement to 3c and above would be welcomed by many I'm sure!
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
I think you guys are dreaming! Get your 1c back if you can as soon as you can. That horse is dead, just no one has noticed.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Find it strange that someone would spend R 140 000 on a dead horse.
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
It's possible that 'insiders' (Directors, ground floor investors with millions of shares) are just passing insignificant parcels of shares around at 2c to give the illusion that 2c is a true value and 3c is just over the horizon! These parcels of 1m or 1.5m shares are only costing R20000-R30000 a shot (and maybe they just go backwards and forwards amongst the same 'insiders' - most of the transactions have a similar size) which is a reasonable investment if you are desperately trying to prop up a shareholding of millions of units that are actually worth nothing!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Clembo - an interesting concept, but Directors haven't traded their shares since Oct 2005, so it must be other investors.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Abuzz surely you not on off those that think that directors are the only insiders??
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
No, I'm not, but Clembo's explanation seems to suggest Directors could be the cause, obviously it isn't them.
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
their wives, sons, daughters, dentists, plumbers, suppliers etc
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Thanks Clembo - point taken
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
46m traded today. Can it really be "alive"?
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Clembo most off the time is best to keep quite when you not so clever....as you wap wap wap the shares goes up and up...rather spend your time getting into the flow off things.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Nearly 50 million today so far - I hate to say it, but I told you something was brewing.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Biggest Volume day ever in the history of this share, so where's the SENS???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Strange very strange
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
ABuzz the sooner we all relize that we are just small fish in a very big see the better..take AWT...price has moved from 3c to 23c in 2 weeks with no sense....many big fish became rich very quickly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you ABO ..... My 1 and a half year wait has paid off.... I got my lunch money back ..... lol
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hey Taurus - I am happy to be a small fish in a big sea, especially when the fishermen are fishing at prices like these. Let's hope it can go the same way as AWT.
0 Kudos