Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ABSA

Not applicable
At 128?? whats the short term view on this 1??
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
looking overbought to me. The Banks in general, SBK, ASA, FSR are looking overbought. The Oscillators are in sell teritory. IMO
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Agree with Jono my indicators also giving sell signal
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think that ASA, might retrace in the week coming,but it seems to have a major support of 11850..It tested that level trice lastweek and failed to break lower..What I cant understand is there fundamentals that would justify the share price??The results were "weak",yet this share has run up,sum 30% in a matter of months..There is alot of uncertainty regarding the bad loans etc..Does SA equity move in line with the US markets no matter what??resuls/earnings do not warrant any of the share prices of 99% of the Top40 shares..Maybe I am just reading to much bearish comments on Martket watch,but logic has to tell one that the market is dangerously overpriced in relation to earnings
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
newbee i think it depends what you looking at short or long term investment me i just look at the here and now and trade on price as soon as you looking at past results and PE (which is quite low in relation to ALSH)then its a different story too many things too cloud your judgement.One thing ive learnt is keep it simple and ignore all the talk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
resistance at R127-50 close (see chart like a year or 2 ago) im shorting, this markets going to collapse, watch it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I certainly hope you ryt great caller,I am short and Im bleeding..but I have faith that sanity will prevail soon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i shorted yesterday at 12765, was in the money at R124-50 but i think R114/R106 is next support..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
greatcaller im with you on this one.must say im getting nervous think the close will bring some clarity
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
yes absa looks over bought, its far above it's 200 M/A. but the easy money are made on the up side. good luck with your shorts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where can I find a chart of the institutional interest in the jse??As soon as institutions start moving out of equity,than we gonna see a major correction
0 Kudos
Not applicable
any reason why banks are going up even though alsh is down?
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
because you are having a short possission on it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol..Ye coz we short on the banks..patience hond..tommorow,we might get a selloff.The bulls will call it profit taking
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well said swordfi*****hat thougt did cross my mind.do u have a serious answer?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any know why the US is in the red despite the good data??strange
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its only "good data" cause it is not as bad as they thought.looking forward it is a diffrent story!
0 Kudos