Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ACL ...views going forward

WR
Regular Contributor
have been holding ACL for a while, bought in at 112, before all fiasco etc. Now sitting close to R700K below. Am thinking of cutting my losses, but its a pain to take a loss this big. No good news coming off from this company
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
kwagga
Super Contributor
My personal view is that all bad news have been discounted into this share price, hence the lack of price movement in the last months i.e. consolidation. I think downside risk is less than the upside potential, but R112 is in the distant future. If you don't need the money in the next five years, I'd stick to this share, although I hate their useless opportunistic top management's guts for gross incompetence and lack of foresight. Just prey they don't make some major screw up in the near future. They should be sued in personal capacity for destoying share holder value.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Its a difficult one - they are a very big player in the steel industry - pretty much a monopoly, and those are good. Sold my shares a year back because I dont like management. I think they are useless and a bunch of morons, and I dont want to invest in a company run by these idiots. When management changes - I will look to re-enter. Agree, its a big loss and 23 percent down is no laughing matter, but ultimately its your call. You could hold and hope but for how long, but theres opportunity cost associated with doing that.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
decided to take the plunge and sold out today for a grand loss of R743K. The management of this company needs to be fired, I cannot believe their incompetence. They are getting the basic issues wrong. I did not buy for long term gain, was going to look for about 15% rise, before the news came out on them forgetting to buy the mining rights, now almost every investment house wants to block their BEE deals... how much more can go wrong!!!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
D.R that a big loss, but come on man if it was a short term trade wheres your stop loss man! You cant trade on hope, been there sone that and got my T-shirt stolen.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
no ways man you should never have sold it. We will see.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
quakedog i agree with you, but, before you enter you have to decide am i investing in this share or am i trading this share, big diffrence. You cant trade and take a 23% loss it will never work, but you can invest long term and 23% down is not an issue, just my opinion.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
so how much of your portfolio did you loseas a percentage? The issue is always position size...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sorry DR i see even with a stop loss that would not have helped as it drop of a cliff.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
..Management are complcit in a highly irregular deal concluded with ICT (Read ANC elite / friends/family) which is being attacked from all quarters.I have no respect or faith in management.Dogs !
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
not sure how much longer to hold on...no good news coming from this company. With the incompetence of management demonstrated, are they going to be here in 5 years time or fore close and will loose some more. The dividends are s*****s of the table. I guess time will tell.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I was really lucky with this share bought in around 45(long while back)sold about 20% when share went over 200 to get my original stake back-now holding balance which in theory cost me nothing.I have some hope that eventually common sense will prevail and once economy picks up this share will rebound upwards but yes current reputation of management is destroyed-maybe owners will change them?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If the real price of the share is R115 - R30 discount for bad management then the recommendation is a BUY at the moment!
0 Kudos