Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ACL

Not applicable
Sitting at nice low levels,i am thinking of purchasing sum with a 1 month/20% view,can any1 see this one hitting 77/78 in the next month..Any view,just got out of OML..dont wanna even look at the financial stocks..Any other shares that could gv me a 20% return??
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Maybe a short on OML.... (:-
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol..Cat how u been doing?? long time no hear..what share should i look at mate??Im a lil scared of the others as most of the big guns have rallied 20% or more..MTN,AGL..Any bad news and they could be 20% down in no time..ACL is looking attractive,no??lol
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
TKG -> hold until May...
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Broke below R70 from a 3 month decending Triangle.. The trade was a short. Long, if it gets back above R71. IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With regards to the TKG,does the market price in that 19rand dividend already,or after the dividend will we see a sharp decline in the share price??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
expect a sharp 1900c decleine on ex div date ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So if I buy TKG on the 4 of May(LDT in respect of the unbundling),hold it until the 8th of May(LDT to trade in respect of the special dividend),sell it on the 9th May before the 11th May(Ex div),then I should score +- 20% no??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, it will fall on the day after ldt ..
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
If only it were that easy, hey.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
On that note....why is it that, if the market was pretty stable and not so volatile, that someone could purchase 1 mil OML shares on LDT, sell them on Record date (am assuming same price) and then still get xxx in Divs. That seems too simple hey...but this is possible is it not ?
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
The expected dividend is priced in before the actual dividend is declared. Then on the day that the dividend is declared, the actual dividend is immediately priced in, if the expectation was incorrect. The dividend stays priced in until LTD and then when the market opens the next morning the price adjusts immediately to ex dividend price. The only way you could possibly benefit exceptionally is to correctly peg the dividend before declaration when the rest of the market has it wrong and buy at a low price before dividend declaration to see it shoot up on the day of the declaration.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Thought you may enjoy that chirp - going well, though not easy in this market. Only advise I can give is "buy depression (oversold) and sell mania (overbought)"...
0 Kudos