Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ACL

Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Huge electricity savings achieved. No repeating losses of SHE incidents. Was not really affected by the striking season. Profits dependant on R$ exchange rate. Graphically OBV exploding and RSI seems to be OK. Maybe a worthwhile investment for capital gain when looking at it for a 6 month investing period?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
kwagga
Super Contributor
Technicals don't look so good on this one. I wouldn't touch it unless it breaks above 3750. MACD, RSI and Momentum all down from June this year.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the expert on this share is preston ,i do recall he bought for R200 000 odd worth shares way back( at the highs?)...yes I agree , dont touch this share,as was advised way back then , at the highs
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
You are one insightful farmboy with a PHD.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
not to start an argument, but just saying that pre-2008 Preston and I had some really good trades in SSF/Warrants/ShareInstalments on companies like MTN, BIL, ACL. some of these deals did result in 100% growth etc, some obviously not, just thought of saying that...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Ja, i remember the cash i made from the sale of BIL, made me have a honeymoon on my honeymoon :-) Werner, case in point, we have survived that turmoil and we are still around.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
One can save a lot of electricity by not running the furnaces to produce steel. Last time I looked ACL was in the steel making business and should be making steel which usually consumes electricty and generates saleable products
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
I am not talking long term investing. At closing tonight achieved since bought yesterday a 4.4% upward movement on these CFD's. Will reconsider selling at 3650. Or maybe wait for their financials to be released.
0 Kudos