Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ADI drastic price fall

ronishere
Occasional Contributor
Hi, does anyone know why the ADI share price is falling drastically within a short time, does this have to do with the declaration of a dividend. I would have thought a declaration of dividend would mean more buyers, to push up price, instead there are more sellers, driving the price down. BR/
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jan123
New Contributor
This is someone manipulating the market by shorten the share making a lot of money. Most people investing in this shares is amateur technical traders who sell if one line cross another with absolutely no understanding of the fundamentals. This then create further momentum downward allowing the manipulator to make lots of money. This is not sustainable and it should soon bottom out. For the last three years in a row this company announced acquisitions in the second half of the year and every year reported growth of more than 30%. For June 2014 it was 55% year on year growth. So I would rather hold on and buy when it bottoms out. It should return to at least the same PE EOH trade at and with even a more after a good acquisition.
0 Kudos
ronishere
Occasional Contributor
thanks Jan, for the reply. you might be right, i have seen some efforts by some people who buy/sell one share at some high price above market price in an effort to push price up usually 5 mins before market closes. BR/
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Guys check the earlier post on this share....ive been thinking of buying myself.....but not too sure
0 Kudos
Vince888
Regular Contributor
It is just a correction
0 Kudos