Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ADSL

Douw
Frequent Contributor
My Telkom ADSL internet is down for two weeks+ now. Anybody else having ADSL problems? Telkom share price going up but service quality going down?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Preston
Super Contributor
I am also having the same issue. CALL CENTRE AGENT (TECHNICAL DEPT OF TELKOM) indicated that the problem may be with the splitter. Try connecting it directly to the box bypassing the splitter.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Will try it. Thanks a mil.
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Telkom seem to have great service in KZN...guy turns up even before I realise a problem!! STD Bank however....money stolen from accounts takes weeks and endless calls to resolve (thankfully it was...)
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Had the same problem TELKOM finally discovered rainwater was getting into my connection box outside, they reconnected the wires and I sealed off the box with a silicon sealer.
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I get cut off all the time for the last year or so and thet cant seem to fix it,.but last week when I reached my 80% of usage it worked perfectly till the end of month.....now I shall have to c if its still working properly this month...very frustrating these one sided contracts we sign with large corporations....
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
May be the same problem with my ADSL. It went down shortly after a heavy rainstorm. Will contact Telkom for the 4th time.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
My wife was robbed at the Spar atm. The criminals fled with her atm cards. The Standardbank emergency number at the atm did not work, it just kept disconnecting. Needless to say they withdrew the maximum daily limit shortly after.
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Had continous problems trying to keep all those copper contacts working,have gone totally wireless for over a year now, Neotel as home phone and 8ta 3g for internet at a lower overall cost than landline adsl.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
When the ADSL went down I took a chance connecting my cell phone to the PC. Walla!, within minutes I had internet. I run on Linux. Ever since I have been experimenting with Vodacom and MTN simcards in the phone. The only disadvantage compared to ADSL, is that I could not succeed to do remote terminal sessions or expose my webserver at home to the internet, which is a fairly simple matter on ADSL. As far as wireless contracts are concerned, I think it is better to just buy a simcard for R12, purchase a databundle and enjoy. It works like a charm. No contracts for me anymore.
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
Why don't you try Afrihost,had no problem since joining year ago
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
Why don't you try Afrihost,had no problem since joining year ago
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Until now, I did not have problems with Telkom and ADSL. The service was quick and the internet stable over time. If they can get their a**** in gear and repair my connection I will stay with ADSL.
0 Kudos