Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AFRO-C

Roboren
Occasional Contributor
Why do the shares I choose always turn out to be dogs. First I lost money on Zaptronics after advice from a well known doctor :) Learnt my lesson. Then I thought Afro-C could do well seeing the likes of their directors, but no, wrong again it seems. Any views on this share?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Brazen
Super Contributor
They were dogs before you chose them. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why buy shares like zaptronics or afro-whatever when you can put your money into shares like Anglo or Tigerbrands or Implats or 10 other blue chips that'll serve you well over the next 20 years?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Depends on why you buy shares - to speculate or invest? I invest only in shares with solid growth prospects, good management AND at reasonable valuations. Shares such as Afdawn, Pinnacle, SimekaBSG, Sallies and Digicore currently fit that bill. Make a note of their present trading levels and we will talk again in 12 months time.
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
Your strategy would work just as well at Sun City or Greyville! You should only be using a small part of your funds on Zaptronics etc. 75% to 90% should go to the better shares. If you can't spot them put it into Satrix.
0 Kudos
Roboren
Occasional Contributor
It makes sence what you're saying. With Zap I trusted that Roffey knows what he talking about :( and with Afro I thought the likes of Kahn and Joffey would turn things around. School fees! No more pavement specials for me then ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Afro-C where a spec buy for me. I made some money on the rumours when they started but more recently I lost some money cos nothing has happened, people are getting bored. It was very little money I invested so I didn't really care. I do, however, keep this one on my watchlist. Last year they announced they would be doing some work with Rio Tinto and I do believe when (or if) the deals start happening up this will be a share with value. Zaptronic - Roffie, Yogi ....nuff said :)
0 Kudos