Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL about to collapse

Not applicable
its stopped at resistance at R309-45 and struggles to pass this, a close below R301 would send this one to R280.. yet a close above R310 would send it to R345.. keep a tight stop loss at a close about R312
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
jack12
Super Contributor
Yes AGL is struggling on resistance. A pullback will be healthy (most TAs are high and rising top of BOL, RSI, Stoch BUT Ultimate is falling!!). IMO the 297-299 was thinly traded that is my support level, failure to close above 297 will see a probable pullback to 290 major support at 278. Volume was slightly higher. I am expecting some sideways movement
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
This wants to break, building pressure. Latest move above R300 is 3rd serious attempt. R300 appears to be the basement floor for the foreseeable future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow, this is a tough one, broke top at R307-46, bt stil at resistance R309-50 (09 sept. 2008).. once it breaks R314-20 resistance, its gone.. any short term and T.A traders views?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Maybe there is somebody out there who can explain to me why - when the price is set on LSE - we are not concerned with rather charting the "UNDERLYING" i.e. AAL rather than JSE listed AGL? SIMON, CAN YOU OR ANY OTHER EXPERT SHED SOME LIGHT?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Maybe there is somebody out there who can explain to me why - when the price is set on LSE - we are not concerned with rather charting the "UNDERLYING" i.e. AAL rather than JSE listed AGL? SIMON, CAN YOU OR ANY OTHER EXPERT SHED SOME LIGHT?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this debate has been around for ages .. my view is that it matters not .. wehter you track it is ZAR or sterling, the one largely follows the other ..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
so now AGL has broken the 310 barrier I expect more upside to 318
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
When making predictions, you really have to differentiate between a crystal ball and a ball of crystal meth.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Bad call this one! If I learnt anything at the seminar this weekend was FLOW WITH THE MONEY, the stops will get you out.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A nice effect which we saw recently was the RSA Anglo to decline while the GBP Anglo held onto its rising tops through the weakening pound effect. This amounted to a buy divergence. When the rand reversed, it popped Anglo through resistance with it!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Great call great caller!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh eddy, out of the last 5 calls incl this one.. i only gt this one wrong.. and stopped out at R314..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
sitting on resistance 330, if it gets its leg over 350 is my target. But we may have a slight pullback, volumes are dropping off, momentum is sowing down.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GC, I dont think wrong, just to early. it had to test 330/335 and I think w are in for the down leg shortly. If jack is right 350 could be next but unlikely at the moment. Eddie66, nice to see you still breathinh with us ;-)
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
GC I see your call was good as it did not close below 301 on the day, 2nd it did go above 310 and did go to 330 and it seems to have hit a wall.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
in trading .. too early (or too late) = wrong ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But Simon I brought stock for 15 ice-creams today....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oopppss .. today is cold .. tis a hot chocolate day ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
See...to late so now I am ******..... this is a good way to demonstrate market timing I guess
0 Kudos