Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL and Bil. Is that a bounce

platsak
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
I still think we will see bil go to 165. maybe im wrong, but dont trust this bounce
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
bounce? am not sure. looks like a bear trap! be very careful, money will be lost.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Both companies are going to be around for a long time and look attractive at these levels. I'm stocking up on BIL at these juicy prices, even if it may go down another R10/15. Good time to average in
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Part-o, so thats down 10% yesturday, and moved around another 10% today on the upside and downside and another 10% to 165 and you want the average !! You`ll be doing this very parttime mate, be careful, do some more reasearch.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
My friend, I'm not a day trader....So I personally don't give a rats bum about these small incrementals. I think that good value is being offerred at these levels.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Cool heads are the order of the day part-o, i shared your sentiment on the other two instances that created this triple bottom in august 07 and jan 08, but then again do your own research, as they say.No worries mate.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
No sweat, thanks and have a good one. Cheers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My research shows that BIL at these levels is a steal. The diffs between AGL & BIL is that BIL has oil exposure while AGL doesn't. Parttimer I agree, but maybe post trades that will handle the volatility.BIL is almost at its 12month low & its PE is 50% of what it was at year end. On along view (mine) BIL is showing great value & plenty of room to grow. OMHO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How about buying BIL @ R54.01? A deal went through yesterday for 3000 in closing auction. Will probably be reversed today though.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
I like the oil part too, that's why my preference is BIL. I don't hold AGL but at the R265 levels, AGL is also not a bad shot-long term. All said and done, if I want gold, I buy jewelry. I'm far happier, as these gold stocks would drive me nuts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes that is the dead cat bounce now you should buy installments ;is a lot cheaper than share itself
0 Kudos