Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL selling

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
61million ANG shares! Albeit this will not be on the open market, Goldman will be placign them, but AGL moving out of gold?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's about half their ANG holding
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
AGL have been talking about this for over a year now. It's no secret. The only thing that we didn't know was when. Doesn't make sense that they'd do it now, when gold could be in for a break above $800 in the coming months. Then again, what better time to get out of gold than when your stock is a few rands short of your all-time high.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Expect Coal to also be sold, soon after the Tarmac deal happens>>>
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Coal is one of their most profitable business. Why would they sell that, Carrol is in talks to build coal to liquid projects. Once again AGL is selling assets when thay have more money than they know what to do with... I just dont get it.
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
They're getting ready to buy Angloplat.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A shorting oppertunity presents itself if AGL fails to breakthrough 47399.Possible Double top formation and pullback,good luck.I am into AGLSBU.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGL has some gap to fill @42000
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I happen to think an open gap tells you more about the market than anything else.. Friday the alsi Failed to close the gap at levels just below records... tells me that this rally has legs. That bias remains until it closes the gap..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you gotta love the market. As dimitrius says this was no real secret as AGL had notified all of their intention. yet ANG off 6.2%!!!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Must be worth a little punt dont you think?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a gold stock worth a punt? I'd rather eat it - but then that's just me.
0 Kudos