Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL should bounce

nala
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
watch the rally tomorrow..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well atleast i got it right this time will stay in til my exit approaches, learnt the hard way to listen to myself,anyway its a small trade lots of luck guys u know how violent the bear rallies are so waiting with finger on the trigger to exit
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Im going to watch that R170 level very closely. Problably going to reverse from there? Any opinions
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Article in Business Day today about AGL definately not cheap even at R130.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
The world and his dog gonna short it if it gets to around 170. And me.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
isn't it a good idea to go long until it gets close to the 170 mark and then go short.then you ride the wave both ways!!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
isn't it a good idea to go long until it gets close to the 170 mark and then go short.then you ride the wave both ways!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
It's a very good idea eddy. But AGL gave no buy signal, if fact it gave a sell signal when it broke support. So I am not long.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
if you do the opposite of what the herd does,you'll always be right!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Er, no. If the herd is forcing the price into a longterm downtrend, how do you gain by going long? Google the term "Trend following" to see where the easy money lies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is a long-term trend, down at the moment, in addition to the swinging between fear and mania. Due to the long-term downward trend, the down-swings will tend to last longer and travel further than the up-swings. But wait for a good entry, e.g. if it seems to have turned down after a bit of an up-swing. Practice a bit on the easy (trend) side before trying to play both sides. All my opinion and this is not to be construed as advice...
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
there was a 29 million trade that just went through, are such trades obviously institional trades? and does this mean there is a little confidence in the company? im looking for a big bounce so i can exit this position with at least some bucks, i missed out on this mornings one :-(. Im kinda hoping that the share bounces again anytime before the expiry of my warrant (AGLSBF). I know i have made a few mistakes and should cut my losses but damn, thats just too much to loose. i wanna claim a bit back, and learn from these mistakes!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
in our current market,where there is little to no logic,where panic is at the order of the day and every bit of news, good or bad,sets the trend for a day or 2 before the next bit of news comes out(Which is bad most of the time at this stage)you'll be better off doing the opposite.I'm not talking long term as intra day trading is the only way to go at the moment.For instance,when everybody is selling,buy,just make sure you buy at the right time(which is the big trick) and sell when everyone is buying.Your guaranteed to make some money!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mr S, just be thankful you dont have BD and BE warrants. Whats the chance of a bounce before they expire? They are both currently trading at 1c and could go to the dreaded zero.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
is that what you hold?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, and to think a while ago they were trading at between 6c and 8c. Can these warrants recover from 1c with 60 odd days to expiry?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Anything is possible of course.....but if u look at the time decay u will soon see that it is not worth holding warrants which have drifted down that far....i never buy warrants below 20 cents and nearer than fifty days to expiary,even in a raging bull market its difficult to get your money back....Do have a look at education on this website also if possibe attend a warrant trading course.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Are we gon c anglo rise to R170?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i've exited my short and will first wait for a trend to develop before joining it....at the moment its just churning.
0 Kudos