Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL

Not applicable
Any going short on AGL @ 22700? I made the same trade two weeks ago and made a good return but I'm not sure whether this rally will come off as quickly?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
moomoo
Contributor
Which way would the rate cut move the price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me thinks a 50 bp cut has been priced in already?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
K.T i would like to short but i have no idea how, i dont see any american puts on AGL, but its full of american calls, which is rather confusing..is it possible for me to sell a European Put @ a profit before expiry?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I went short too early, but still holding on to see where this goes. As long as stop loss is not triggered.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The American / European thing makes no significant difference to an investor. The issuer will still buy continuously as long as the price is above 10c.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, I was typing faster than I was thinking... that is, the issuer will buy continuously and sell as long as the warrant is priced over 10c.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
thanks! the educational OST guide thing makes u think u have to hold a european put til expiry..i guess ill start having a look at some for AGL as i definately think we will see it going down further..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
You might be wrong on this one. The ALSI and AGL are at the upper extent of their range i.e they are at resistance at present but instead of selling off like they did before the hourly chart is forming a high base and against my bearish core we might get quite a lot more upside should we break resistance. So patience until it fails or breaks through.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Lost alot of money on this and GFI already, its not playing nice atm, I'd wait for a definite signal and not try to call the top. Rate cut tomorrow could sweep it past the resistance in the buying hysteria. Still believe rates wont be cut tomorrow and that yes the market is pricing a 50 bps cut. So your market movers to look for are a 0 and 100 bps. If its higher than 100 bps, then I've lost all faith in the Reserve Bank.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If market is pricing in a 0.5% decrease and it does not pull through, what happens after that? Do we tank? I personally think Tito will hold it still tomorrow.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
or go long??
0 Kudos