Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL

Sid_N
Occasional Contributor
I bought long at R319.00. How far do you think it can fall...stupid me, I need to pull out before August! So sad...
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Sid_N
Occasional Contributor
sorry for the repetition...slow server.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Main support is at 280. Hope it doesn't fall further than that. Looking for a reversal down there and after that all the way back up.
0 Kudos
Sid_N
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Stephan...gives me some comfort.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pleasure
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Sid. You certainly were not stupid. Most of us have been and are in a similar boat. Luckily it has recovered from the lows this morning. You can make the call how it is going to move from here. Personally, given the technicals and outlook, I feel upside potential is limited and it could be setting up for a short. Perhaps tighten your stop to a trailing 1-2% and see how you go.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Sid, you still in? Can drop to R100 (or lower)
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Ja, we all made and still make mistakes. I bought AGL at 175 sold at 195 thought I was a hero, then it went to 300+. Took a short option at 280, it went > R320. Still holding on for dear life on MLA, bought at R112, before the SOIC fiasco - no its down to R75. Will however hold on until it turns and goes up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if agl drop to a 100 - i will take out 2 mortgage loans and buy it's shares on debt.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Dont stress dude!! keep it going you will make money soon!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bad advice alert,... I've played Anglo short twice and on my third now,.. 333 to 317 then 316 to 292 then 297 now to 383 and really i had 278 jotted in my notebook for friday and well it touched it,. so i still think it has to test 270 before it turns up again for a while,. but y,.. It's a short if you ask me,. My portfolio shows 90% profit at present,. the last two weeks done me wonders,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looking at the topi,. just bust the 200d MA after testing it early feb,.. As it has bust that low, it has to go to 22000, last 50day MA support,. That's about 7% below where we are now,. so y, not too much more to go,..
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
and we bounce up ...R320-R330 should be some where some time
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
and we bounce up ...R320-R330 should be some where some time
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looking good.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Did you do that when it touched R137?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I wasn't in the trade that time - working for a boss and didnt know anything about shares but after 9 months of full time trading - yes i will definitely do it now - now that i know what it's all about and i can tell you Anglo is one share most widely held by big fund managers and if it drops to 100 - you jump to buy it. Hope i answered your question?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, I am going to have a shot at calling this. In the last year, AGL has had 3 price ranges that have attracted a lot of volume / action. The R320-R340 range, the R270-R280 range and the R220-R240 range. Since we have just rejected the R270-R280 range, even money is on it reaching your entry price again. So if you need to get out by August - take whatever opportunity you get to get out at your entry price, or close to it - which we should, with a bit of luck, be able to reach this week still.
0 Kudos